You are invited to become a part of Launchpad’s A&R and Trend Research Program, a worldwide network of music and trend spotters.
The Program offers qualified individuals with a passion for emerging music and trends the opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on, A&R, talent, and trend spotting training and experience from anywhere in the world through the resources of an exciting, fast-paced, music, media and entertainment company.
Having developed some of the first systems of this kind for several major record companies, this modernized, wide encompassing program offers an invaluable experience for anyone interested in pursuing a career in A&R, the music industry, or trend spotting.
Through customized systems integrating a variety of on and offline networks and programs, the Programs’ primary goal is to identify quality new artists and trends where tell-tale signs of an genuine consumer reaction can be measured at the earliest, most accurate level to insure maximum success, profitability and ROI.
As these are regional/field appointments, current opportunities exist via virtual/remote participation only. Available throughout the year. This is an unpaid assignment.
- Applicants should be self-motivated and detail oriented with exceptional computer, organizational, written and communications skills.
- Knowledge of the current music marketplace and interest in the industry is a must.
- High familiarity with social networking sites.
- Responsible, outgoing and knowledgeable about your market. Familiarity with local taste makers, scenes, sites and places where new music and trends grow and flourish.
- Virtual/remote candidates are expected to have their own computer and Internet connection, telephone, and standard equipment and supplies.
- Ability to work approximately 15-30 hours per week, days and times are flexible.
- College credit preferred.
- Startup experience
If you’d like to become a scout please complete the form below. Make sure to include the following:
- Name, location
- Contact information (e-mail & phone)
- College or University and area of study (if applicable)
- A quick note about yourself, your interests in the business, current and desired areas of experience, the name of a favorite unsigned artist, the last concert you attended, etc.
- Times/days available
- How you heard about Launchpad
- Linked-in and/or other social media profiles
- Your resume (copy and paste)
For other opportunities, please see Become An Intern.
Thanks for your interest!